Terms & Conditions
Please review the Terms and Conditions before signing up for seKODlah x CIMB (“Program”). By signing up to this Program, it is deemed that you have read, understood and explicitly agreed to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- All participants must be a Malaysian citizen from the ages of 20-25 years old who are currently unemployed.
- All participants are required to possess knowledge in computer science, programming or similar background through formal or informal education in order to participate in the program.
- All participants are required to sign up and submit a CV and supporting documents.
- All successful registrations will receive an e-mail confirmation within 3 working days after signing up. We reserve the right to reject your registration to participate in this hackathon for any reasons whatsoever at our sole and absolute discretion.
- This program registration is limited to only 300 individuals, on a first come first serve basis. Register early in order to not miss out.
- Employees of Forest Interactive Foundation (including its affiliated and related companies) and their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings, etc) are ineligible to join this program.
CAPSTONE PROJECT COMPETITION MECHANICS
- All participants must start hacking/coding the project fresh during the period of the program. You’re not allowed to pre-code anything or work on existing projects.
- You’re allowed to work with open source resources that are publicly available. You’re allowed to develop your solution in any programming language or framework, whether on mobile or web platforms.
- The entire period of the capstone project will be held virtually.
- Soft skills training, mentoring and workshops on resume building and pitching will be held during the E-learning period.
- A panel of judges will determine 5 winners of the Capstone Project Competition based on 2 categories: Best Capstone Project (3) and Best Entrepreneurship Skills (2)
- Winners may be subjected to a code-review during or after the event if there are any disputes.
- The judges’ decision is final and no communication in this regard shall be entertained.
- Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture or partnership relationship between you or your team and the organizer.
- In the event that you decide to drop out halfway through program, you will be suspended from joining any #seKODlah programs within 2 years.
CAPSTONE PROJECT PRIZES
- The First, Second and Third Best Capstone Project winners will be awarded with a prize worth Ringgit Malaysia Five Thousand (RM5,000.00) only, Ringgit Malaysia Two Thousand Five Hundred (RM 2,500.00) only and Ringgit Malaysia Two Thousand Five Hundred (RM 2,500.00) only respectively, as well as Trophies & Certificates.
- The Best Entrepreneurship Skills winners will each be awarded with a prize worth Ringgit Malaysia Two Thousand Five Hundred (RM2,500.00) only, Trophies & Certificates.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You hereby confirm and agree that all work presented during the Program is original work and does not and will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third-party patents, copyrights or trademarks.
- All Intellectual Property rights to the designs and codes of the app/prototype developed at this Program are wholly owned by the teams, but you will grant us the first right of refusal to acquire the intellectual property right, title and interest to the app/prototype presented at the Finals in the event you wish to transfer in whole or in part, such right, title and interest at any point in time.
- You undertake to indemnify us against all costs, expenses, charges, demands, claims, actions, losses and damages which we may suffer or sustain as a result of any claim that your project or working prototype is illegally obtained or unauthorized, or that any third party’s intellectual property rights or proprietary rights have been infringed.
- By participating in this Program, you consent to us processing and storing your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA 2010”).
- We may share, disseminate or distribute any of your personal data without consent if required to do so under any applicable law, court ruling or administrative body of competent jurisdiction.
- You acknowledge that you may be screen captured, photographed and filmed during this Program. You agree and consent that any images or videos taken during the Program will be used by us to promote this event, any future events, in press releases, printed publicity and across all digital marketing platforms.
CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT
- We further reserve the rights to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any actual and anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulations or any other event outside of our control.
- You agree to access this website at regular intervals to view the terms and conditions and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any change or variation to this document.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you are not entitled to any claim or compensation against us for any or all losses or damages suffered or incurred whether directly or indirectly, as a result of any postponement or cancellation of the event.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- In the event that you suffer any accidental bodily injury during the Program as a result of our negligence, our aggregate liability to you shall not exceed the sum of RM500.00 regardless of the number of claims. We shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damage of any nature whatsoever, including but without limitation to loss of profits and expectation loss.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions or at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions shall be posted on this website immediately. Please check the latest information posted herein to inform yourself of any changes.
- For any further enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
- This event is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- You are solely liable for any costs including expenses and taxes associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prizes.